This is the topic of a speaking engagement I have this weekend. As I was preparing my text for this event, my husband came across this note (in the garage) I jotted down more than 2 years ago.
Should this be a rare scrap of paper, let's say my great great granddaughter finds one day, what will she know about me from this list? She'll know, at a minimum, the following:
- I worked in publishing (somewhat true, I had a book published)
- I drive (well in this case I had to have someone drive me around for 2 days)
- I had allergies (pollen was so high my eyes constantly watered and I couldn't drive)
- A "grandmother" was in a home (my husband, Jerry's grandmother had alzheimers and was placed in assisted living home)
- I went to Florida (went to florida on a business trip, over a weekend)
- Some one graduated (my first cousin had yet another graduation from a medical feloowship program)
- Peggy had Cancer (my mother's sister started her battle with breast cancer)
- Oh yeah...I was stressed!
Now if I had found something similar of my Great-Great Grandmother, I would be in heaven, but then full of questions. Whether we acknowledge it or not we are the window to our family's past. So I'll add this note to the back of an album I actually did create about my daily life in April 2007 with a bit more details about the stress in my life.